Sunday, August 17, 2008

Emily

There is a little 6 year old girl in our ward named Emily Heaps, and she was born without an immune system. (The 'boy in the bubble' disease.) When she was two months old she underwent a bone-marrow transplant from her older sister Jaqueline, who is Hailey's age. She was house-bound for the first few years we lived here, and it was a joyful day when she was finally able to start coming to church. I loved seeing her play with all of the other kids, knowing how much her mom had longed for it.
Well, little Emily has been back in the hospital for the last few weeks, as her immune system is once again in danger. Jackie donated her bone marrow again on Friday and our Bishop called her 'a quiet hero' today in sacrament. As I have been reading their blog this afternoon, I am so overwhelmed with the faith of the Heaps family. They have been through so much and yet have complete trust in God that He will do what is best for Emily. I am thankful that I have their example to learn from. If you would like to read their blog, here it is:

http://keepmovingahead.blogspot.com/

1 comments:

Chippy said...

They are amazing! I just read snippets but wow.