Friday, August 15, 2008

Rain forests, disco dancing and heading home

OK, I am going to finish the report from my trip. Seriously, who takes three weeks to write about a trip? Me, apparently.
So, Saturday began misty, of course. We headed to the Hoh Rain forest and took some amazing pictures. It really is hard to describe how beautiful it is. (I can't believe I live in the desert when every part of me loves the green of Washington so much. Just had to throw that in there.) From there we drove around Lake Crescent again and headed to Port Angeles to watch 'Mamma Mia!'. Oh. My. Gosh. I have never laughed so hard in a movie theater in my life! Seeing it with 15 of us played into it, I'm sure. We were so loud. I will never look at Mr. Darcy or James Bond the same again.

We ate dinner at Bella Italia, and I even had the mushroom ravioli. YUM! Michelle, Emily, Rachel and I then proceeded to get lost in Port Angeles on our way home. How is that possible, you ask? Well, we managed it. As we were up by the small college, totally turned around, we saw two guys we thought were students and decided to ask them for directions. When one turned around and had totally rotted out teeth, we realized we had probably interrupted a drug deal! He was talking to Michelle through the back window and Rachel was pulling on her arm to move away. Then the guy yelled for his friend to come back. He turned around and it was Grizzly Adams! No kidding, he had a huge beard, and must have been 60. We got out of there very quickly after that. They were very helpful, despite the heart attack they almost gave Emily in the passenger seat. We did find a nice little market called The Grandview though, and spent some quality time there, trying to figure out how to get back to Forks.

We finally made it back to Danylle and Christie's in time for the impromptu karaoke night. They, along with Holly, were inspired by Mamma Mia and gave us their rendition of Dancing Queen. Then everyone started joining in with Grease, Zanadou and even Saturday Night Fever songs. Lori even gave us some scary 'secret pocket' stories. (Don't ask.) It was a great way to end the day.

Sunday came way too soon. We loaded the cars and began the caravan to the airport. Because we were afraid of the ferry being delayed, we decided to drive around the Sound. Yeah, caravaning with four cars is interesting. At one point Kayla called because they needed to stop and were afraid of having kidney poisioning if they didn't. Again, just driving and talking is some of the best memories I have of the trip. Our car had so much fun together.

We made it to the airport with plenty of time to spare. I was sad to say goodbye to Washington, and also for the trip to be done. We had been planning it for a year and now it was over. I had more fun than I can possibly describe. I knew I liked my friends before this trip. Now, I love them. I could not have asked for a more fun, loving group of ladies to be a part of my life right now. It may sound silly to some of you, but I know that the Lord placed them in my life at exactly the right time. Ladies, YOU ROCK!

I have to give a huge thank you to Greg and his mom, Dee. They both took care of the kids so I could go on this adventure. Thanks again, honey!

4 comments:

April said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I haven't read any of the books yet so I can't relate to it all, but it seems like everyone I know has and a few have taken the trip to Forks as well. So clever!

Dutley said...

No lady YOU ROCK. Plus you have a new title Seattle Tour Guide Extraordinare.

I'm so glad you posted about getting lost in PA I haven't heard that story yet. Too funny. Grizzly Adams drug dealers HA HA.

Thanks Greg for letting Kimberly come and play with us.

Cranberryfries said...

I'm so glad I wasn't there for the crazy man encounter! And I'm super glad you guys made it back ok after that. That was the best trip ever. I love reading about everyone's versions.

Anonymous said...

Ahh...The trip is over now. I'm coming down off my high (no I did not meet Grizzly Adams in PA - it's natural). Glad you guys are safe by the way!