Tuesday, February 26, 2008

She's getting so big!



Our Rachel is growing everyday. She can now say "mama" and "dada" and lots of other things only she and the dog seem to understand. She claps when we say "Yay!" (which is quite often), and raises her arms to show she's SO BIG. She loves to play peek-a-boo and gets so excited whenever her Daddy comes home. She thoroughly enjoys her teething cookies, as you can tell from the picture. And she gives the best, slobbery kisses. What a doll. But we're not biased. If she slept, she would be the perfect baby.

After telling you how wonderful she is, I'll let you know something: She has made this mom extremely worn out today, only taking 3 half-hour naps, the entire day. I've let her stay in her crib a lot, hoping she'll go back to sleep, but she'll have none of it. I did all the research long ago and I don't put her to bed with a bottle or let her fall asleep while eating and I'm doing everything the so-called 'experts' have told me to. I sound grumpy, huh? Sorry. The kids are having fish sticks and Greg is getting left-overs for dinner, so that should tell you how tired I am. (Fish sticks are reserved for the nights that I really don't want to cook.) If I serve a veggie with them, it's OK, right???

2 comments:

Amy said...

UM, Yeah, Fish sticks are better than frozen waffles or cereal. That is what I feed my kids when I am too tired. Which lately is quite often. I hope you are feeling better. I don't know what advice I can give you on Rachel, but she sure is a cutie!!! I'll be thinking of you this weekend as I am walking through our old stomping grounds in Hawaii!!!!

Cranberryfries said...

I think we all must have some of that freezer food for nights just like that. Mine is chicken nuggets. I'm gonna have to add fish sticks now, thats a good idea! :)