Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving 2007

We had a great time at Greg's parents home this year. Jeff and Angie and Jeremy and Heidi and their families were visiting and the cousins had so much fun together. The noise level was unbelievable, with 30 of us there. Highlights of the day:

  • Amazing food, of course. There were 8 pies, all made from scratch. Enough said.
  • Laughter is always a big part of the holiday. Greg was entertaining everyone, of course.
  • I got to spend some quality time with my little brother Kristopher. I am so glad he is in Provo and spent the day with us.
  • My nephew Chase told his mom, pointing at Seth, "I like this thing. I think I'll keep him."
  • The mom's had a dance party with the kids in the basement after they cleaned up. Seth now loves to "dip". My niece Lily is almost a rubber band, she is so flexible. I hurt just watching her!
  • Hailey, Trent and Elise spent the night at Aunt Ginger's house, with five of their cousins. It was much easier getting two kids to bed, rather than five!
As I drove home (Greg stayed and played Call of Duty with his brothers), I had time to think about how blessed I am. I have five healthy children, a husband that loves me, I come from a loving home, and I have an extended family that I adore; I have the freedom to live the life I want, which includes practicing my faith. And I have wonderful friends. There are so many others in this world that would love to have a fraction of what I am blessed with. When I am feeling pitty-pottyish about how hard it is to raise five kids and be a wife, serve in church, keep a house clean, and do all of these things I am "supposed" to do, I need to remember last night in the car, and the gratitude I felt for my blessings. My life is not perfect, but it is still a very good life.

0 comments: