Wednesday, October 8, 2008

We've been BOO'd!


Every year during October our neighborhood BOO's one another. We'd never done it in Washington, so it was a fun new tradition to start when we moved back. If you've never heard of it, it's basically like a Secret Santa. We had a knock at the door and there was a box of treats for us, along with a BOO sign. We then have two days to BOO two other families. You hang the sign in your window so you don't get BOO'd twice. One year we were BOO'd two nights in a row, because I hadn't hung up the sign. So we did four families that year! I did a little bag with hot chocolate and marshmellows this year, since it's getting cold. I'm no Martha Stewart, but the kids had fun BOOing the two families we picked tonight. They always get so excited to ring the doorbell and run.


If you want to start this in your neighborhood, a cute poem comes with the sign, I'd be happy to email it to you.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know there's nothing like a good excuse to go ding dong ditching is there?!! We did that last year. I wonder if it will happen again.