Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm glowing

I had my other GI test this morning. It wasn't nearly as uncomfortable as the last one. I went in, and the nice man gave me some scrambled Egg Beaters laced with the added yumminess of radioactive chemicals. If I were to walk through an airport x-ray machine, would I set it off????? So then I lay down on the moving board and he put the machine right up to my belly. The machine took x-rays every 10 minutes of the eggs moving through my stomach. It was my job to lay very still for 90 minutes. It was all good, I had my IPod, grooved to some mellow music and drifted off to sleep for about 10 minutes. At least I missed two songs on the playlist, so maybe that's only 8. I was startled awake by Harry Connick Jr. singing way too loudly in my ear; I hate it when songs are downloaded at different volumes. I'm sure I gave the man a good chuckle, I totally jerked my arms and hit the machine when it happened.

He said the results would be sent to my doctor late this afternoon, so I should expect a call tomorrow. I was trying to get some answers out of him, but I could tell he didn't want to say anything. He did say that my stomach emptied well for the first half hour, but then plateaued. What does that mean? It means I had a lump of eggs still sitting in my stomach and I could feel it. So maybe I'll have some answers by tomorrow, yay! Let's hope so, because I am tired of feeling so nauseous all the time.

2 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

If I stuck you under a black light would it have the same effect? Ok maybe not but that would be cool right? Yah for not having a horrible test, just a moderately boring one. Good luck with the news/answers tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get some news soon. I'm glad it wasn't a torture test. That is way too funny that Harry startled you away. Most people would be thrilled to have Harry wake them up!