Saturday, September 27, 2008

St. George

I am late in posting this, but I have to tell about our little adventure last weekend. We went down to St. George, as Greg was there for business and our SIL, Angie, invited us. Greg's brother Jeff has been out of town on business for six weeks, and we thought we'd give her a little company. Ha! Seven people invading your home is never easy, but she was wonderful, as always.
I will say this: I am so glad we didn't move to Idaho, because then I would have had to make solo four drives with the kids often. And that was not fun. We got there Friday evening and the kids were so excited to see their cousins. Their home is beautiful and it was fun to see it for the first time.


Saturday morning we climbed Dixie Rock. It had great views of the city. We then went to Hidden Valley Park. It had a fun water feature and the kids liked getting wet. It was still way hot down there!


After naps, we went to the sand dunes at Entrada State Park and let the kids play in the sand. I have never been in such soft sand. It was beautiful. The wind started blowing pretty hard, so we didn't stay long. I'd have to say the kids' favorite part of that outing was seeing the golf course, country club and baseball diamonds that were featured in High School Musical 2. When Hailey saw the club house, she let out a huge scream, it was so cute.
After some Papa Murphy's and bath's, the kids zonked early. We went to church the next day and then headed home after a yummy lunch. It was a short trip, but the kids had so much fun spending time with their cousins, and it was great to see Angie. She is a super woman, that's for sure.

0 comments: