Friday, September 5, 2008

Mamma Mia!

So, I broke down and bought the Mamma Mia! Soundtrack on Wednesday. Greg thought he'd cured me of musicals, but much to his shagrin, I love this one! The kids and I have been dancing all over the kitchen and having a blast. Hailey's favorites are Mamma Mia, Dancing Queen and Lay All Your Love on Me. Even Elise's friends have been coming in and dancing with us. The best was when Seth walked out into the backyard chanting "It's a rich man's world". I just about fell over!


Of course, we turn it off as soon as Greg gets home from work, because in his words, "It makes me want to chew the walls." Which is funny, since the only reason I know ABBA songs is because of his mom. (I grew up with the Beach Boys and the Beatles in the background.) The first Christmas we were married was spent in New Jersey with his parents and she had just gotten their Greatest Hits on cd. So my memories of that Christmas are filled with ABBA in the background, and I love it. When I started playing the soundtrack for the first time, the kids all said "We've heard this at Grandma's!". So, I thought it would be OK to play it with him here, but I was sadly mistaken. Oh well, we'll just have fun without him!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg sounds like Scott. If I ever want to see a musical, I have to do it without him. Oh well. He doesn't tolerate the Mamma Mia soundtrack either but all 4 of my kids like at least one song on there.

Keri said...

I saw the broadway play in New York for my birthdyday 2 years ago with Ryan and Christopher. We were standing up daning and singing by the end. Lucky you. I want it too.

Cranberryfries said...

How hilarious about Seth chanting!! I love it!!

I've been singing the songs all week (I have two of their Gold Cd's but Tarl won't let me play them...yet) so my girls have picked up on it and have tried to learn it from hearing me. It's too funny to hear little kids singing it too!

Kayla said...

Brice is pretty tolerant of my love for musicals! My only gripe is when we go see them together he sits there and sings along under his breath... I have to elbow him and remind him that I paid money to hear the actors and not him! haha!

Jenni Elyse said...

Corey hates musicals too, except for two of them. He likes Across the Universe and The Funny Thing That Happened on the Way to Forum. He also hates ABBA, so Mama Mia would be torture for him! *evil grin*

I'm glad you got so that you could have fun with your kids!

Chippy said...

That is awesome about Seth!!! Eric and I will have to sing our duet for Hailey. That is one of Eric's favorites. His other is SOS. He at least can stand the musicals and even likes some musicals.....Although he did agree that Pierce Brosnan stunk at singing.