Thursday, September 25, 2008

Will they please figure it out already?

My stomach problems are back, that's why I haven't written about our fun weekend to St. George. I saw a Gastric doctor on Tuesday and he scheduled me for an upper and lower GI today. I was on a clear diet yesterday, and then had to drink some nasty medicine last night to clear me out. Since I had been throwing up since Monday night, I hadn't had any real food since then, so hunger was my biggest issue today.
The test was around 2 pm, and the doctor didn't find anything. Which is good and bad. Good, because that means there are no ulcers, cancer, or polyps. Bad, because they still don't know why I am throwing up all the time. I have another test next Thursday, it's called a stomach emptying study. They have me eat some scrambled eggs that are laced with an ingredient that will make them glow as they are digested. Fun, fun. I'm up for whatever it takes to figure out what's going on. These last few days have been very hard on me emotionally. I feel like I am such a burden to Greg, my family and my neighbors, having to rely on them when I am down and out. We have been very blessed with neighbors that have taken the kids today, even when I know they've had a lot going on. And Greg's mom has taken the little ones twice this week. I am ready for some answers and to feel good again.

5 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

Oh Kimberly! I'm so sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. How miserable even to not know why or what to do about it. Do you need anything? Dinners, movies, me to come get the kids for a bit? You'll be in our prayers! I hope you feel better soon.

Jenni Elyse said...

Kimberly, I'm so sorry you're going through this. I don't understand completely because I'm not going through it, but I understand somewhat because my husband is going through this.

I hope the doctors can figure things out soon and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers! Hang in there! I love you tons and I hate to see you having such a hard time!

Kayla said...

Kimberly that's terrible that you're not feeling well! Let me know if you need anything... I'll gladly help out with meals, or house cleaning or watching kids, whatever you need!

Maybe when it's all done you can sit down and write a book about it. Glowing Eggs and Ham... sounds catchy! But, seriously, let me know how I can help!

Dutley said...

ummm. eggs with dye in them that's a weird Halloween story if I've ever heard one. Stop throwing up crazy girl that just sucks or more appropriately that just spews. I'm so sorry. And don't worry about leaning on other in your time of need that's why we are all here. Use and abuse us we don't mind. And I'm sure your family and neighbors don't mind either.
Get well soon.

Amy said...

Hey Girlfriend-

I am sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well again. That is no fun. I definitely understand, I have been going through my own health problems lately too. But, I think they may have some answers for me FINALLY. I wish I were closer to help. I will call you soon!!!!