Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My little guy is growing up, plus lots of stuffed animals

I sent my little man off to Preschool this morning. He was so excited, not the least bit nervous. He's been waiting to go to school for a long time now. We pulled up and he said "Where's Elise?" So cute. He walked right in, hung up his Spiderman backpack, and turned around with a huge grin on his face. He knew he was in for a fun few hours. I think it helps that he is going where he saw Elise be dropped off and picked up for the last two years. He knows Miss Cathie, the school and he's just so easy to please, he's going to have a great year, I know it.



Yesterday for Labor Day, we woke up to a huge storm outside. We decided to take the kids down to BYU and explore the Bean Museum of Life Science. We walked in and were met by an employee with a very large lizard on her arm. Trent and Elise walked right up and petted it, while it took Seth a minute to realize it wouldn't hurt him. Hailey immediately walked back to my side and we both did plenty of inward shuttering together.


There were tons of small displays, ranging from an 8 foot grizzly bear to mountain lions and wolves. (All of my girlfriends are laughing at me right now. And if you don't know why, I'm not telling you.) We saw lots of different habitats and circle of life examples. The kids were only creeped out by the leopard in the tree with an antelope hanging over the branch. Yeah, gross. The best was when we went to the insect exhibit, and Hailey didn't realize where we were. The horror on her face when she looked up and saw the bugs nailed to the wall was priceless. I wish I would have had the camera out then! She and I decided to look at the pretty butterfly display and then get out of there, since neither of us enjoy that sort of thing. Trent was disappointed they didn't have any snakes, but I'm not. Nothing gives me the heepy-geebies like snakes do. When we walked out, the storm had passed and the rest of the day was beautiful, although chilly.
Hope you had a great holiday!


3 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

Wow, another off to school. That's so great that he was just so ready to go. I bet that makes it so much easier.

We haven't been to the Bean Museum in a while. My kids are still little enough they want to run through the place in like 15 minutes. I guess that's good though cause that's about my attention span sometimes too. Haha.

Chippy said...

That sounds like a super fun outing. Seth looks so cute for his first day!!

Kayla said...

Looks like you guys had fun! We were thinking about going to the Bean Museum on Monday, but we didn't make it! My girls would have been afraid of the large lizard, too!