Friday, March 14, 2008

Sometimes Life Sucks

Thursday was not a great day for me, so I worked on the post about Elise and made the slide show and it helped. I was feeling very 'poor me' and it helped to focus on something else for awhile. I was feeling so low because I found out that I have to have my gallbladder removed on March 26th. It will eventually be a good thing because I have been very sick since November and it has really been disrupting our lives.

I have commented a few times in here that I've had the stomach flu a number of times this winter. I know now that it was my gallbladder reacting to hormones and it wasn't happy. It started out that once a month I would throw up all day and crawling wasn't even possible so I'd lay on the bathroom floor. Then it turned to every other week. Then it was weekly and finally after three days of not being able to keep anything down, Greg took me to the ER. After a head CT and blood work came back negative, they did an ultrasound and found my gallbladder is 1/3 full of sludge. Which is a gross way of saying it's beginning to form stones.

They can remove it laparoscopicly, and it's an out-patient procedure, so I won't have to stay overnight. Greg will be able to help and I've had several neighbors offer to come to my aid as well. We started our Spring cleaning today so I don't have to worry about it when I'm down.

I've done what I said I wouldn't, and that is use this blog to only highlight the good stuff going on. I haven't posted even a quarter of the times I've been sick, mainly thinking that you didn't want to hear about me pucking. And though I will spare the gross parts, I realize that keeping my friends and family in the dark about important stuff isn't helping anyone. I detest trying to be perfect and readily admit I am far from it. I have posted about my lack of cleaning skills, but I've somehow seen my illness as a weakness and have been embarrassed about it. Like I can help it! Friday was one of those days when I took a look at my life and came to understand that those of you that read this know and love me, no matter if I have a gallbladder or not. And I shouldn't pretend anymore. When life sucks, I'm going to post about it. You've been warned.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are letting us all the way in on your life. I'm sorry about being so sick. That can't be fun. If I thought it would help, I would come and scare your gallbladder out of you but I don't think that will do any good for anyone.

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

Though you are incredibly scary Christie, I still don't think it would work. I appreciate the offer, though. :)

abbys blog said...

Kimberly -- so sorry you have been feeling so crappy. I had no idea. Five kids is overwhelming enough! I am happy they found out what was wrong so that you can get feeling better again---hopefully a miracle will happen and the kids will be perfect for a few days so that you actually can recover...

I love reading your blog! I check it every week. You can vent any "real life, super sucky" things anytime! That is what makes us human---and appreciated.
Have a good week. love you, ang

Bekah said...

Rant rant away, dear. You deserve a little space on the blog to tell it like it is! Hope you start feeling better, it is horrible to feel so sick, but hopefully they can take care of it all and you can start feeling like you again. Wish we were closer so we could help out! :)

Amy said...

Kimberly-
I can't believe you!!! I am so sorry that you haven't been feeling well. I must say you are lucky they found what was wrong. It took my mom years to figure out it was her gallbladder. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I will call you tomorrow......love ya

Alicia said...

I'm sorry that does suck! I'm glad you shared it. I like to hear the good days and sucky ones. I hope all goes well. I wish I lived close so I could bring you dinner.

Keri said...

Kimberly. YOu are to hard on yourself. You are a wonderful mom and a great person. I am sure you will feel a lot better with it gone. Why were we born with them anyways. WIsh i was there to help. Hope it all goes well.

By the way. i am so glad you write not to perfect things. I am so tired of reading how perfect everyones lives are. COme on. Reallyy. At least you admit it.

Jenni Elyse said...

Kimberly, I understand how you feel. I've tried to keep my blog positive because I didn't think anyone wanted to read my gripes. However, sometimes, it's just nice to vent and your blog allows you to do that.

You're also right! We will love you whether or not you have a gall bladder! I'm glad the doctors were able to figure out why you were so sick. It's no fun to wait for diagnoses and wonder why things are happening.