Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Out of Commission

Well, it's good to be back among the living. How to describe the last nine days at our house???? Hellish is the first word that comes to mind. (Sorry Mom.) Instead of listing all of the maladies that have affected us, I will just say that Influenza invaded our home last Sunday and it's still lingering. Five of the seven of us have been sick, with Hailey and Trent being the only healthy ones. Elise, Seth and Rachel all developed ear infections, but those are getting better with the antibiotics. And despite lingering coughs, Greg and I have slowly been returning to our normal routines. Greg says it sounds like I've been smoking two packs a day, so if you call, it's quite comical to listen to me, I've been told.


Hailey was lucky enough to escape the sickies last week and attend Clear Creek, a camp that the fifth graders attend each year. She says she had the best time of her life! She slept in a cabin with 20 other girls and stayed up late talking. Before bed, they went on a night hike and looked at constellations. After the hike they had hot chocolate and donuts and watched an old Davy Crocket episode. The next day they went on another hike, looking at nature and slid down the snow banks. She went to several centers where she played learning games and made a craft. We missed her more than she knows, and I hate to think of her going to Girls Camp next summer. But we knew she would be safe and we are so glad she had such a great time. She's growing up, whether we like it or not.

3 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

Oh it's never fun to be sick, and with that many people sick, ooh boy! I'm glad to hear you all are doing better though!

I remember getting to go to camp in 5th grade too! I bet Hailey had a blast, how exciting!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the land of the living. We're glad you survived.

Sounds like camp was a blast. I went to mine in 6th grade and I have very happy memories from it.

Amy said...

I am glad you guys are finally feeling better. We got back yesterday and the kids seem to be coming down with something already....so, now maybe it is our turn. I will call you soon....we need to get together. I am going to dig all my byu-h pictures out. Love ya.........flame