Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Princess

Elise had, in her words,"The BEST date ever!" last night. It was also, "The longest date ever!". She and I, along with 5 of my friends and their daughters, went to see Disney's Princesses on Ice. And we didn't just go see it. That would have been too simple. Each of the girls were dressed as their favorite Princess, along with having their faces painted. I wish I would've had a video camera as Danylle had all of her costumes hanging on a table for those that needed them, while Kayla had her face paints set up at the other one to do each girls face. We caused quite a commotion! Even the security guards stopped to admire the girls as we got ready.

Elise was beside herself with excitement as the show began. She would squeal each time a new Princess came out and I was sure she was going to come out of her skin when it was Cinderella's turn. Watching her was as much fun as watching the skating. She has such an enthusiasm for life and everything in it, and when she loves something, she LOVES it. It is so much fun being her mom. We had a great time and I loved sharing every minute of it with her.

2 comments:

Keri said...

There's nothing like little girls. You are SO LUCKY to have 3.

Dutley said...

Sammy & I had a great time too. She doesn't usually get to play with girls so this was a fun experience for her.
I do feel a little guilty that we are teaching our daughters these special occasions are more than just the event itself, it's the ENTIRE PRE and POST PRODUCTIONS that are most important.
I guess that's how memories are CEMENTED in your minds right?