In the Poulton house this week:
-H went to a marathon birthday party and made some totally cute flip flops. Yes, made them. I'm not intimidated to throw a party here or anything now.
-E had picture day and was very excited to wear a new dress for it. (Or new to her. Thankfully she still thinks hand-me-downs are cool.)
-S made some kickin' applesauce at preschool. I got to help in his class that day and it was really fun to see him interacting with his new friends.
-R dumped an entire canister of pepper onto her plate while I was dishing up dinner. I was laughing so hard she probably thinks it's ok to do it again!
-Dad worked very hard in the yard and garage yesterday and the place looks fantastic. He also groaned a lot with football scores, but cheered when UW beat USC. Go Huskies!
-I..... What did I do? Supervised the chaos. Took the dog to get a bath. Washed 15 loads of laundry after the kids decided it was time to get their winter clothes out. Never mind that it's still 90+ degrees outside, they were tickled to be trying on turtlenecks again. Made umpteen meals and did the dishes too many times. Was happy to have my hubby home for the weekend, not just because of how hard he worked yesterday, but because it feels better when he's here. Read 'Austenland' again, and liked it even more the second time. Anything else? Ah yes. Some gory things you don't want to know about. :)
Hope your week was as good and eventful as mine!

5 comments:
I love those flip flops. Really it wouldn't be that hard to make those, but coming up with the idea is the challenge (for me at least).
We're getting out our winter clothes too but we actually need them. The high tomorrow is only 70 and we have an evening soccer game where I'm thinking it will get a bit chilly.
You guys are having fun. Love reading all about it.
Cute flip flops! I face painted at a party recently and they made those adorable flower hair clips. I'm just not crafty enough to have any cute ideas like that.
The plate of pepper cracks me up! Did she try eating any of it?
Busy busy as always. How do you do it? I only have one in school and one in preschool and I can't keep up with the volunteering and the activities. You amaze me.
I love when you post Kimberly, it is so endearing to hear the adventures of my Utah babies!! Glad to hear the upbeatness of things! Did Rachel eat any pepper or run her fingers through it? You'll come up with great party ideas, don't worry...Remember I adore you sweet one! Love MOM
Kayla, thankfully she has older siblings that screamed when she tried to put her fingers in it. I think she knew not to do it then. :)
Debbie, this is the first time I've helped in one of the kids' classes in years. The only reason I can now is because my neighbor and I exchange watching our little ones. And I don't do it all, not even close!
Post a Comment