I always knew I would love my kids, but I had no idea how in love with them I'd be. Does that make sense? I didn't know that a simple smile would melt my heart, or that their laughter could make my heavy heart a little lighter. That an "I love you Mommy" would be all the payment I would need at the end of the day. That spending Saturday night playing Go Fish, being skunked by a four year old, would be such a blast.
How blessed I am to have so much love in my life. There are those that struggle their entire lives to have what I got without even trying. I should know better than to question the Lord and what He has planned for me. He has given me more joy than I knew it was possible to have. More love than I knew one heart could hold. I am going to try and cherish each moment while I have them here. Because in the entire span of their lives, I only get them for a small moment. I'm not trying to say I'm going to be perfect, perish the thought. I am just going to try a little harder to not be in such a hurry to 'get through' this stage of my life.Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You have such beautiful children! This is such a sweet tender post. You're a wonderful mom and this is a good reminder to me to cherish the daily parts of being mom.
Wow look at all those missing teeth!
I love reading about you and your kids. I can tell how much you love your kids by the things you say. It's so obvious in the things you do. I think other mothers would be blessed if they could follow your example. :)
Amen! I don't think I even need to say more. I just agree with you whole heartedly. You do have a beautiful family.
Well your kids are so cute and I cannot wait to feel what you are feeling. I am so excited to add to their long list of cousins! :D
great reminder. i'll have to breathe slower tomorrow and love my kids a little more.
Post a Comment