Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Look who's 1 !!!!

Today our sweet, beautiful, hat-loving, funny-face making, happy-screaming, insomniac baby is one! In some ways it is hard to believe it's been a year since she was born, but most of the time, we can't remember life without her. All morning I kept looking at the clock and remembering, "That's when I had my first contraction", etc. I know, kind-of cheesy of me, but I couldn't help it.

Rachel has brought us so much joy and laughter. It's amazing to watch how much all of the kids love her. They can't walk by her without kissing her, or making her laugh. It is so sweet. The last few weeks she has started making the funniest faces while she's eating, tightening all of her muscles in her arms and face and screaming at the top of her lungs. The best is when she also scrunches up her face. We laugh so hard and she is so pleased with herself for making us do it. I don't know where she gets it, since Greg and I are so reserved and never performed for anyone ourselves. (Hee hee).

Greg was up in Idaho and came home this evening, so we waited for him to do the cake and presents. She loved making a mess of course. And the kids loved helping her blow out the candle and unwrapping the gifts. ie: they did it all themselves. She loved all of the attention and was worn out by the time we put her to bed.


We love our Rachel and are so glad she came to us. The Poulton Gang wouldn't be complete without her!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little one. Time sure does fly doesn't it.

Dutley said...

Happy Birthday cute girl. I remember when I first met your Mommy when you were only a few months old. Now look an entire year has gone by. Be good to your Mom birthday girl, she loves you very much.