

My book group and I all love Stephenie Meyer's books. Her latest book "The Host" debuted at #1 on the NY Times bestseller list last week. She came to Utah last weekend on her book tour and we were lucky enough to get tickets and see her at Thanksgiving Point. She answered preselected audience questions and then signed our books. Unfortunately, none of my photos turned out very well. That weekend our group was also very happy to host the founders of the Twilight Lexicon, Lori (Alphie) and Laura (Pel). We had a big dinner for them and we had a lot of laughs (as always).

I love Stephenie's stories. I would recommend them to any of our female readers, as they are quite romantic, yet clean, which is so hard to find these days. If you haven't read them, and decide to give them a try, avoid reading the back cover of any of them, as it gives away a lot of the plot. I was so surprised that I liked the series (Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse), because it is considered Young Adult fiction, but I shouldn't have been. Didn't I learn from Harry Potter that good storytelling is
just that, good storytelling?
Her newest book, The Host, was quite a surprise, too. If you had told me a year ago that I would read a book about aliens and love it, I would have laughed out loud. But this book was amazing. It's not so much about aliens as it is about the power of love and it's ability to change people. I won't say more, just know that if you are looking for a new book to read, I highly recommend it.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Stephenie Meyer
Posted by Greg and Kimberly ... at 2:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Hey, thanks for the book advice. I look into this Stephenie Meyer lady. I hope I like as much as you did!
I've never even heard of this author, and yet you are attending book signings and having parties? How bizarre.
Maybe I'll go to the library and check out some of her books.
Post a Comment