Monday, January 4, 2010

I am officially loosing my mind

How was your Christmas? Did you eat too much and spend way too much time in the kitchen? Do you think Back to School is a beautiful term? Are you ready for a long awaited break yourself? If you answered yes to any of the above, you are not alone. School doesn't start until tomorrow, but you can bet I'll be doing a Happy-Dance once they are out the door. Not that I don't love them and enjoy their laughter. It's just that over the last week, namely since Christmas has been done, they've been fighting a lot. "Santa's watching you" isn't working anymore for some reason. If I hear one more whiny, "Mom! She's looking at me!", I think I will throw a fit myself.

Enough negativity. It's a new year and with it comes new goals and trying not to feel bad about the ones you might not have accomplished last year. I try not to dwell on those, because then I become Ticked-Off Mommy, and the kids don't like her very much. I don't either, for that matter. So I like to focus on what I'm going to do right this year, and for once, I don't have a list a mile long. I've decided to focus on two areas and that's all. The rest can be worked on if I have the time or energy. And frankly, I kind-of doubt I will have either, so then I won't feel guilty for even more things. Does that make sense? I haven't had much adult interaction over the last few weeks, so forgive me if it doesn't.

We had a great Christmas, by the way. I would post pictures, but I can't find the camera and am frankly feeling too tired to go look for it right now. I'll post more later, as well as my Top 10 (or close to it) things I learned, discovered, etc. in 2009.

4 comments:

Jenni Elyse said...

Are you going to post about the two things you're going to work on? I hope so. I always love to see what other people are wanting to improve.

I'm glad you get some peace and quiet soon!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for school! Can I get a Woot Woot? LOL! Hope things get back to normal quickly.

Kayla said...

I did a happy dance when my girls went back to school! Life is much easier with only 2 home all day!

Cranberryfries said...

It's funny to me. I forget I dont get adult interaction and I just start getting cranky and tired and the whole shabang and then I realize, oh yeah, it's been like a week since I have had a grown up conversation.

I'm with Jenni, are you gonna tell us what two things you're working on?