We've been keeping busy, as I'm sure all of you are, too. We've baked a ton of cookies, gone to fun parties and loved getting Christmas cards in the mail. We've shopped and danced to our favorite holiday tunes in a kitchen that can actually fit us all!
Trent started basketball and he's on the Bull's. They've had a rough start to the season, but we're hoping it gets better after the break.
He's in the blue shorts.
Elise turned 7 on the ninth, and unfortunately came home from school early not feeling so well. Here's how we started the day, with her opening presents:
I took her to the doctor the next day and she had strep throat. She was miserable, and I was so happy the antibiotics started working right away. I am always so thankful for modern medicine when my kids are sick. I don't know how those pioneer women did it.
Here we are baking gingerbread men on Sunday. I've tried lots of new recipes this Christmas, some winners and some 'thanks, but don't make those again, mom.' I think we'll pass on these next year, but the kids had a great time. Rachel just thought it was playdough. Hailey was at a youth activity, so she missed all the fun.

Here we are baking gingerbread men on Sunday. I've tried lots of new recipes this Christmas, some winners and some 'thanks, but don't make those again, mom.' I think we'll pass on these next year, but the kids had a great time. Rachel just thought it was playdough. Hailey was at a youth activity, so she missed all the fun.
I'm excited for my brother Kristopher to come down on Thursday and spend Christmas with us. It will just be us this year, which is a little weird, but it'll be good. To say the kids are looking forward to Christmas morning is a huge understatement, and I can't wait to see their faces that morning.
Merry Christmas to you and yours, and I hope you enjoy your holiday, like I know I will mine.
And here's a little extra I had to throw in. Rachel has been coming up with the best fashion statements lately, and here is what she treated us to tonight:
Merry Christmas to you and yours, and I hope you enjoy your holiday, like I know I will mine.
And here's a little extra I had to throw in. Rachel has been coming up with the best fashion statements lately, and here is what she treated us to tonight:


5 comments:
Poor Elise being sick on her birthday! I'm glad the antibiotics kicked in quickly and that she was able to enjoy opening her presents at least.
Would you mind e-mailing me your winning gingerbread recipe? I've always wanted to make gingerbread men, but I don't have a recipe. Are they hard or soft?
I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! You deserve it! Miss you!
PS - Rachel is getting so big and she is SO cute!
Love Rachel's outfit! It's so awesome!
Glad Elise got better so fast. It's no fun being sick, especially on your birthday.
Hey, the kids & I are making a pitstop in St George on our way home from CA. Do you have time for a visit? We'll probably stay w/my aunt & uncle but we could come say hi to you before we go to their house. Let me know
I can't believe how fast this month has flown either. Your kids look soooo big!!!! I wish we could slow down time. Let me know when you guys are up here. I would LOVE to see you. I know you will probably be busy with family stuff, but if you have a spare moment, I will come down to see you!!! LOVE YA.........Flame!!
Isn't December just crazy busy? What fun you have all been up to.
I'm glad Elise was at least able to get medicine the next day. No fun being sick. Rachel is adorable. I love watching these little people grow into their big personalities!
Post a Comment