It's been 5 days now since Greg had half his face worked on, and he's still hating it. To be exact, here is what he had done:
*tonsils, adenoids, and uvula removed
*deviated septum repaired, as well as some polyps removed
*holes drilled into his sinus' to stop his recurring sinus infections
We knew it was going to be bad from all the horror stories we'd heard, but it's still terrible to see him going through this. We would both agree though that this surgery and recovery absolutely suck and everyone should try and avoid it at all costs.
Here are some of our other observations:
*There is nothing better than Cream of Wheat with some milk and brown sugar in the morning.
*Jello and pudding are the best invention since the wheel. Especially in those little cups.
*Creamies should come in more flavors.
*It's amazing what can be conveyed with a few hand gestures, and not just using the middle finger.
*Ice from Sonic works wonders. (How do they get them so small and perfectly crunchy?)
*The sound of the oxygen tank turning on will send a dog fleeing a room to go poop next to the recliner.
*It is possible to make three trips to Walmart in one day, and the cashier to say "Weren't you just in here?" And you humbly reply that yes, you were and you are an idiot for forgetting things to make your husband feel better.
All of these were made with Greg barely able to whisper, so I may have gotten some of them wrong. Except the Walmart one, that's all me.
My loving husband has recently even taken a picture of his throat, but I will spare you. I gagged when I saw it. It's even worse than my gallbladder pictures from last year, and those were pretty gross.
All in all, it's safe to say we're housebound for at least another week, but I hope that next time I report he'll be feeling a little better. Thanks to those that have called or emailed to check on him. We really appreciate your concern.
Sunday, July 26, 2009
Surgery sucks and other observations
Posted by Greg and Kimberly ... at 2:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh, wow! He had a lot done! I saw your status on Facebook saying he was okay, but I wasn't sure what his surgery was for.
I've had the sinus surgery and I can attest that it and the recovery is horrid! I can only imagine what he's going through will all the rest!
Corey uses an Oxygen machine at night sometimes and I agree the sound of it turning on can scare a dog into the next room.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, especially Greg! I hope he recovers fully soon!
Oh man. That just sucks. I'm sorry he's having such a rough time. It's gotta get better soon right? Right? Just keep saying that and hopefully it will come true.
Kimberly, I had no idea. As funny as your list is, it is horrible too. I will keep Greg in my prayers for a quick recovery.
WOW, I had no idea he was having all of this done. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. What an experience. So, it doesn't look like I will be coming down next weekend. I am so bummed. I went down to Cali this past weekend for my grandpa's funeral. It was a fast trip, but I am glad I was able to do it. I don't think I can afford another trip for awhile......we'll have to come down in the Fall when it's cooler and when my car gets fixed. I'm sick of car problems. Hope you and Hailey have fun at Jonas Bros. I'll call ya soon!! LOVE YA
Ugh recovery is so hard. I hope he feels better quickly. You're amazing to do so well, dont feel bad for having to go back to Walmart 3 times. I'm just impressed you did it. A trip to walmart is hard once, but 3 times...
Your family is in our prayers. Please keep us posted. I wish I could do something for you.
That is a ton of work!!! Holy cow. I was laughing at the last one about Wal-Mart because that is a me thing :D The oxygen thing made me laugh too - poor Suzie! I hope you get to see Harry Potter soon sis. Love you tons and you know we are thinking/praying for Greg and the family. Talk to you soon!!!
Post a Comment