We decided to stay home and have our own Super Bowl party this year. We had lots of chips, homemade guacamole and caramel corn, mini-pizzas and pigs in a blanket. (I think it goes without saying that we ate too much.) My favorite part was watching Rachel try guacamole. She would get a little on her chip and lick it off, then do it again. (I used to do the same thing when I was young.) The best was when she put her soggy chip back into the bag. I had never heard Hailey say "EWWW!" quite so loud before.
The kids don't have school today, because of Teacher Development Day. (They should really be developed by now, they seem to have a day for it every month!) Greg let me sleep for an extra hour since we didn't have to do the morning rush. After I got up, I went to change Rachel's diaper and thought I saw a little booger on her nose. As I went to get it, I realized it was a popcorn kernel. She had stuck one up her right nostril! I had vacuumed the basement Saturday, but the kids obviously spilled some yesterday. I tried to get it out with my finger, but only pushed it farther in. After a frantic call to the dr's office, they told me to plug one nostril and have her blow, and if that didn't work try a bulb syringe. Neither worked, and they had said to bring her in and they'd take it out. Have you seen 'One Fine Day'? There was no way I was letting them put something that big up her little nose! So after some persuading she started blowing again and it finally came out. I almost took a picture of it, but you wouldn't have wanted to see it. Yuck! Lesson here: always vacuum after popcorn. Those little fingers find everything.



5 comments:
It's amazing what babies can get a hold of! But it doesn't stop at babies. My 6 year-old, Monica, stuck a M&M up her nose "trying to get the baby to laugh." Luckily it came out easy. Crazy kids!
I'm really glad you got that kernel out. That's gross though.
Because you said you were going into change her diaper, I almost thought you were going to say you saw a whole kernel in there.
I'm glad you were able to get it out yourself. The One Fine Day utensil does not look fun!
I hate it when kids stick things up their noses! Genna once stuck a craft bead up her nose. Blowing had no effect since there's a hole in the middle of the bead. I ended up getting it out with a crochet hook. I'm glad you didn't have to go to extreme measures!
I'm with Jenni - I thought it was going to be in her diaper. I love you tons and miss you like crazy!!
Post a Comment