Friday, June 27, 2008

Weekend Visitors


Two weekends ago my Mom, my sister Kylee and her husband Eric came for a few days. It was so much fun to have them here! The kids loved all of the attention and fun things they got to do while they visited. On Saturday, the troops went down to Provo to have breakfast with Uncle Topher while Greg and I worked on the house. (Rachel stayed with us.) Then they got to see "Kung-Fu Panda", and they came home quoting it and karate-chopping each other. After that Eric helped Greg in the yard while I chatted with Mom, Kylee and Kristopher. (In all fairness, I had been laying sod with Greg all morning. But being the wimp that I am, needed a break.)

The kids then had a birthday party next door at the Bushman's. It was a Superhero party, and Allison went all out, of course. Even Superman and Spider Man made an appearance! After playing on the slip-n-slide and having a great time, they came home and Nana watched them while Greg and I went to the movies. Keeping with the superhero theme, we finally saw "Iron Man" and LOVED it. So good. I have become so jaded about these big-budget movies. There is so much hype and they rarely live up to it. I don't expect too much anymore. But this one delivered, big time.

Sunday was Father's Day and we made Greg his favorite banana pancakes with real whipped cream. He opened his gifts and loved the homemade cards the kids had made at Grandma's. Kylee and Eric were a great help at church with the kids. They all had to leave that afternoon, and although it was a short trip, we felt like we made the most of our time together. I will get to see them next weekend when I make my weekend trip to California for Ethan's blessing, and then Nana is coming back the first weekend in August for Trent's baptism. It was a great weekend we won't soon forget!



2 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

It's so fun when family comes into town! We love having them over. It sounds like you guys stayed nice and busy and had a great time. (Love that picture of you there in the middle!)

Chippy said...

I told you that picture was great Kimberly and you did not believe me. You are such a great mom and it was sooooo good to see you again this weekend. I really miss you a lot, not just your kids and funny husband, but you.