Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Just Kidding!

Last week I finally posted about our move to Idaho. The next day Greg came home and told me he'd been interviewing for a job with Washington Mutual, to be the Financial Adviser in their Utah County branches. Hello! He didn't want to tell me about it before he was fairly certain that he would be offered the job; and after his meeting Friday, it was pretty much a done deal.

We stewed about it all weekend, weighing the pros and cons of each place. It surprised me that I wasn't ecstatic about staying here in Utah. A few months ago I would have been. But in May I began to realize that my negative attitude wasn't helping me or my family get ready for the move, so I started focusing on the positive. Soon that was all I thought about. So when this new opportunity presented itself, I only saw the nice house and better schools slipping away. But after a lot of prayer and discussion, we realized there are more positives about staying where we are. Everyone is happy here, we've made a lot of improvements to our home in the last month and this new job will be a better fit for Greg. So, Utah is where we will stay.

I am so happy that we don't have to leave friends and family. The kids are almost giddy, they are so excited. Now comes the re-registering for schools and all of the stuff we thought we didn't have to do since we were moving. Half of my house is packed up, so I will be moving stuff back in slowly. It's been good to get rid of a lot of junk we'd accumulated. I think that will make a big difference once everything is moved back in. And did I mention I have new carpet and a kitchen floor? I get to enjoy it for more than a month now! Greg has worked really hard on the yard and it looks ten times better, so that is something we'll enjoy, too.

All in all, it's been a crazy, emotional few days here for the Poulton Gang. We're happy to be staying put and look forward to what the future holds for us here in Utah.

6 comments:

Kayla said...

WOW!! This is WONDERFUL news! We won't be losing you to the wilds of Idaho!!! I'm so excited!

Amy said...

YEAH!!!! I am so excited! I got your message!!!! I will call you soon. What a roller coaster you have been on. I am so happy it is all working out for you.......

Cranberryfries said...

Holy Cow, what!?!?! How awesome. I'm excited for you and your family. Congrats to Greg on his new job! I'll have to go get an account at WM now. :) We should talk. Let's do lunch!

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! I'm so excited you guys are staying! That is wonderful news. See you tomorrow.

Dutley said...

This is the best news ever. Of course there are more positives for staying right where you are at. Congratulations to Greg on the new job, that's pretty exciting. and Hooray for the new floors!

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm so excited that you don't have to move!!! Yay!!!