Thursday, January 24, 2008

What can I say?






I have been so neglectful of the blog. I wish I had a good reason, like I was exploring Europe, but nothing that exciting. Life has been speeding by faster than I can believe.

Last Monday, Hailey had her first Science Fair. She compared the difference between powder and liquid detergents on removing stains. She received an Einstein Award, which is like receiving 5 stars. She was so excited! (I think it goes without saying that Mom really deserved the award, too. It was she that was up until 2 am....) We are so proud of how much she is learning and growing. She has a great group of friends and I hope in the coming years they stay the tight "posse" they are now. (They call themselves that!)

Elise and Seth had checkups at the doctor last week. They are both healthy and growing just as they should. They both had shots, which I hate as much as them, and they were so brave. Especially Elise, considering she had four to get her ready for Kindergarten next year. They were rewarded for their bravery with a rare visit into McDonald's Playland after lunch.

It has been snowing like crazy here the last few weeks. I can't count how many storms we've had. I've forgotten what grass looks like, since it's been covered by snow since Thanksgiving. Trent has had so much fun. We have a slight incline in the front yard, so he can be found there every afternoon sledding off the jump he's made. I'm surprised we haven't had to visit the ER yet. (Knock on wood.)

Watching Rachel react to the world around her has been so much fun. From the moment she is out of her crib, she is constantly looking around, afraid she'll miss something. We've dubbed her "Kicky" for now. She is like one of those puppets with the string attached to their heads; when you pull it, the legs and arms go up and down. Do you know what I'm talking about? That is exactly what she looks like when she is excited! It is too cute. But then again, we think everything she does is pretty cute.

Greg and I have been lamenting the trials of being adults. We hate dealing with the necessities of acting like grown-ups. But then we look at the kids and know we wouldn't trade where we are in our lives for anything.

6 comments:

Keri said...

I just realized that if we never moved from Lehi, Hailey and Emma wowuld go to the same school. That would have been so cool. I will def. have to remember this project with my kids. So, which is the best. I would love to know. Did you get the idea from the Brady Bunch. Jk.

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

She stained three new white undershirts with ketchup, chocolate sauce and mustard. Both got out the first two, only powder got out most of the mustard. Liquid didn't work hardly at all on it. And NO, not from the Brady Bunch. She came up with it on her own!

Emma would go to a new school they built, even though we'd live 2 blocks from each other!

Greg and Kimberly ... said...

But you know they'd be best friends anyway! :)

April said...

I know it is hard to believe we are all grown up and have kids. It is definitely trying but the rewards are even greater!!!!

Keri said...

So, Are you chaning to powder. i went back to powder dish soap. It works better. What do you use now after the experiement???? I would love to know.....I do wish we lived down the street from each other. I am a total loner here and I would love to hang out.

Jenni Elyse said...

Your kids are so cute! That's so exciting that Hailey got an Einstein award for her science fair project. Good job helping, Mom! :D