I hope you all had a good President's Day weekend. Thanks for your kind words after my last post, but I felt bad. I didn't mean for it to sound pitty-pottish, and I'm sorry if it did. I just feel like I've rounded a corner and wanted to share my new perspective.
We've had a fun weekend. Saturday found us cheering on my beautiful niece Abby at her soccer game, then we went bowling. Greg barely squeeked out a win, and that was after heckling me for being in the lead the entire game. That's never happened before; I am the world's worst bowler. Maybe it's because I was competing against children??? Then that night I was up until 2 am doing this to the kids' doors:
It was so much fun to see their reactions. I wrote inside jokes and nicknames on them, and had the kids write love notes to each other on the blank ones the next day. Valentine's Day was pretty low-key, since it was a Sunday. The kids ate way too much chocolate and complained about being bored after church, so it was a pretty typical day here. :)
Today found us having a picnic and playing at the park with our fun neighbors the May's. After that I took Trent, Elise and Seth to see the Chipmunk's 'sqeakquel'. It was my turn to take the kids to the movies, and I was dreading having to spend 90 minutes watching it. But I was happily surprised. I actually liked it a lot more than the first one. I'm not a huge fan of Jason Lee, and he wasn't in this one very much; so that was an improvement.

Today found us having a picnic and playing at the park with our fun neighbors the May's. After that I took Trent, Elise and Seth to see the Chipmunk's 'sqeakquel'. It was my turn to take the kids to the movies, and I was dreading having to spend 90 minutes watching it. But I was happily surprised. I actually liked it a lot more than the first one. I'm not a huge fan of Jason Lee, and he wasn't in this one very much; so that was an improvement.
Have any of you been watching Masterpiece Classic on PBS? Some of you know that I am a Jane Austen nerd. I love all of her work, and have reread each book at least twice. The BBC has done a new version of "Emma", and I think it's the best one I've seen. I could go on and on about movie versions of the books, which ones are good, which ones got certain characters right, etc. but then you'd all know what a true geek I really am. You can watch 'Emma' online until March 9th; so plug in the headphones, snuggle up with a blanket and enjoy!

10 comments:
I'm glad to hear that you are doing better! I love the hearts on the doors! That was such a cute idea! I actually have wanted to watch the Jane Austen movies, etc., but have never had the time or anyone to watch it with me!
When I first read your title, heart attacks stood out and I didn't even think about it in conjunction with Valentine's Day. I thought someone you knew had a heart attack and I was really worried, lol. I'm glad it was just something fun to do for your kids. :)
I'm listening to the Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen right now and I'm really enjoying it. It's in normal English though so i can understand much better what is going on.
Looks like a great Valentine's Day at your house this weekend. Glad you had a good one. See you in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a cute Valentine's Day idea! I'll have to try that next year! And as a fellow Jane Austen nerd, I'll definitely watch that tonight!
I wanted to record it and I forgot!!!!!!!!! ARGH and it's not on anytime soon :( Miss you and love you!!!
LOVED Emma!!! Thanks for the recommendation!
Love that idea for Valentines day. Such a fun thing for the kids to get to write on each others too. I think I'm totally going to steal this idea from you! :)
I have seen Emma and have heard that the BBC new one is fantastic. I'll have to go watch it! I read a few pages in P&P tonight. I dont think I'm quite so scared to start it now. Haha
LOVE the new profile picture you hot lady!!!
so glad i read this tonight. i still have two more days to watch emma. that's my favorite novel of austen's, so i plan on loving the movie just as much.
and what a sweet post you wrote about me. i feel lame that i am just now reading it here. it's great to know that life is going to be messy and hard, but also really wonderful too. love ya.
Just checking in on the Poulton Family. I miss you girlfriend. I hope Spring is finding you down in St. George, we just had Snow here yesterday. I need to rent Emma from the Library after this great post.
Post a Comment