Sunday, May 24, 2009

Pine Wood Derby

On Thursday night, Trent competed in his first Pine Wood Derby! I don't know who was more excited, him or his dad. :)

They only had one week to get 'Stinger' ready for the race, and they did a fantastic job.



He won 3 of his 4 heats and won an award for having the Sportiest car. They didn't announce an overall winner, it was one of those "We want everyone to feel good" things. Hmmmm....I don't know how I feel about that. (Don't get me started on how building our kids' self-esteem has backfired in our faces. That's a rant for another time.) We figured out that Trent would have gotten the third place trophy if they would have given them out! Way to go Trent, we are so proud of you!!!

4 comments:

Cranberryfries said...

Stinger looks awesome. What a fun night for him and his dad, and the whole family to cheer him on.

(By the way-I'm with ya on the self-esteem thing...it's the whole everything has to be PC everything has to be Womens Rights, every kid has to win at everything...eeesh)

Rachel+Co said...

Kimberly!

just checking up on you. it looks like things are settling down for you. i hope life is starting to feel more "normal" for you.

we will be enjoying our first pinewood derby this year too. don has been talking about it for months now. **rolling my eyes**

i'm hoping you can make it up here to one of our slta parties. it would be fun to see you again. you've been missed!

Kayla said...

Congratualtions on a way awesome car!!! (And I feel the same way about your rant that you're saving for another day!)

Chippy said...

Are you going to post the pictures from the other "event" that night? I can send you some if you need some more evidence :D Love you and glad we were there!!