Sunday, March 8, 2009

This and That before I go crazy

I don't know how much more free time I'll have on my hands in the next few weeks, so I thought I'd better catch up on this while I can.

Trent had his Blue and Gold Banquet a few weeks ago, where he got his Music belt loop. He had lots of fun running around with the other scouts.



Hailey sang in her school's talent show last Friday. She did such a fantastic job! I was so proud of her. I wish I had a video camera! When they called her name to sing, my heart started beating so hard and my hands started shaking, like I was the one going up there. It's so hard when you know your child is nervous and there's nothing you can do about it! After wards, I called my mom to ask her if that happened to her every time I did a dance solo and she said "Yep, every time!". And what did she sing, you ask? "Mamma Mia", of course! She picked it herself, I had nothing to do with it.



You know that really cool house we were going to get in St George? Not happening. It's a long story, but Greg is heading down this week and will hopefully find something for us. I am trying not to freak out, but it's a little hard when we are moving in less than two weeks and we don't have anywhere to move to!

My mom came for a visit Wed-Sun, and I can't believe I didn't take one picture!!! We were running around the whole time, and I think we exhausted her. She is such a great Nana, the kids adore her. She took them all shopping and bought them fun stuff. She takes time with each of them, and makes each child feel special. They are so blessed to have her.

Our awesome neighbor's, the Nelson's, threw us a going away party on Friday night! We were so touched, and had a great time. We were pleasantly surprised that so many people came; Greg and I had both expressed concern that no one would come! This neighborhood has really helped us as I've faced my health problems, and my kids have made such good friends. We have leaned a lot while living here and our friends and neighbors have been wonderful. We are going to miss everyone! Here is a picture of the cute Nelson family, minus Curtis.



6 comments:

Kimberly said...

Aww! Kimberly you are so sweet! Gonna miss you!

Keri said...

i wish i was there to help you move. i am sure you will end up with an even better house that is bettier for your family. that is how things usually work. I love how your daughter sang Mama Mia. Good luck with your move. I will let youknwo when we drive to cal, so we can stop and say hi.

Anonymous said...

You are really going to miss your great neighbors, I can tell. I hope Greg finds a great neighborhood for you in St George. I'm sad that Ally & Elise never got that playdate. Hey, maybe I can come down and help you pack and then the girls can play together. Let me know if you need any help with that.

YoungFamilyBlog said...

Your kids are so cute. I had fun friday! I think we were the best dancers ever!

Cranberryfries said...

I wish I could have seen Haley signing Mama Mia! I love it. My kids sing it all the time but they only know two lines so it's just over and over again.

Congrats to Trent on his Music belt loop.

How sweet of your neighbors to throw a party for you guys. I'm glad you're getting a good send off so you know how much you're loved. I'm really sad it'll be a while until we can get our hubby's together again. Tarl and Greg are pretty hilarious together.

Amy said...

Am I going to see you before you leave? I know you are crazy busy, but let me know. I will come to you!!!